MOBILITY OF TEETH / LOOSE TEETH
Tooth mobility is the term used to describe loose teeth in the jaws or the alveolar bone.
Tooth mobility of about 0.25 mm is present normally in all the individuals and is considered healthy. This mobility is termed as physiologic mobility. The reason for this mobility is that the tooth is not fused to the alveolar bone directly, but is attached to the sockets by the periodontal ligament. This slight mobility is to bear masticatory forces on the teeth while chewing without harming them. Milk (primary) teeth also become mobile. This is a natural process of exfoliation. This is caused due to resorption of the roots, stimulated by the developing permanent tooth underneath.
Causes of Loose Teeth:
- Trauma to the teeth caused by accidental injury.
- Malocclusion : the trauma due to occlusion also results in tooth mobility. Conditions like deep bite or edge to edge relationship causes excess of chewing forces on the teeth.
- Bruxism: is referred as the grinding habit of teeth either consciously or unconsciously.
- Periodontitis: it is the gum disease
- Gum recession
- Gum abscess or periapical abscess
- Cyst or tumour in the jaws.
Treatment for Loose Teeth:
- The mobile tooth can be treated by treating the cause first.
- Relieve the traumatic occlusion and correct the bite.
- Treat the tumor or cyst
- Treat the gum infection by proper cleaning and curettage
- Correction of the reduced bone level by adding the bone grafts.
- The grade 2 or grade 3 mobility can be corrected by splinting the loose tooth and restricting any movement.
- If the prognosis is poor then the loose tooth has to be extracted and replaced by a dental prosthesis.
WHY CHOOSE US
AT DR. LAVANYA DENTAL CLINIC WE BELIEVE THAT DENTISTRY SHOULD BE PERSONAL, ACCESSIBLE AND AFFORDABLE. WE WORK HARD TO ENSURE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS AND THAT YOU AND YOUR NEEDS ALWAYS COME FIRST.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CLINICIANS:
Our dentists are highly trained and experienced at the full spectrum of general, restorative and cosmetic procedures. We have particular expertise in pain-free treatment through our sedation clinic. We offer intravenous sedation for adults and inhalation sedation for both adults and pediatric patients.
SUPERB CLINICAL FACILITIES :
Our clinic is equipped with the latest technology to ensure our clinicians’ utmost ability to care for you and your comfort, as well as increasing their diagnostic capacity, allowing them to provide you with the most effective and least intrusive treatment.
HIGHEST STANDARDS OF LABORATORY :
It is our policy to use only the most modern dental materials to provide successful and long-lasting dental treatment. This policy includes the use of the most recent filling materials, the most durable and aesthetic crown and bridge materials and the use of new techniques and equipment to improve patient comfort and clinical outcomes.
RIGOROUS HYGIENE STANDARDS :
We have made strenuous efforts to guarantee that the dental treatments carried out in the clinic are absolutely safe and comply with the quality and hygiene requirements of a modern dental consultancy. We exceed all current and planned Irish & EU guidelines in relation to cross infection control and sterilization of instruments.